Monday, November 28, 2011

360 Wine Bistro, Need I say more!!


We had the opportunity to buy a Groupon for a restaurant on route 100 S Nashville Tn., called 360 Wine Bistro.  We wanted to see what this was all about as the place is actually attached to a grocery store. We checked out their website which does a fantastic job featuring both their menu and wine selections. The menu looked fantastic so we purchased the Groupon.  When we arrived we were promptly seated on the enclosed patio.  We knew one for the wait staff so we requested that he be our waiter.  Plus he has a great knowledge of wine as well, always bonus in my book.

So the beginning of our experience consisted of a wine list that touts more than 700 wines, let's just say I was in wine heaven.  The choices were too great, thankfully Justin our waiter assisted in selecting what I would say is one of the best bottles of wine I have ever had.  The bottle was a 2007 Efeste Creighleigh, all that needs to be said is WOW!  It paired excellent with our selections.

The appetizers; pork belly and the other one were hen of the woods mushrooms.... both excellent but I show favorites to the pork belly.  While I can say that is not typically in my food groupings, it was excellent, crispy yet tender where it should have been.  Next, the main course beef tenderloin for me, mine over mini carrots and garlic mashed potatoes. They asked me how I wanted my beef cooked and I said just barely medium, that is if there is such a thing.  My point is not really medium but not rare either.  Let's say it was more medium, still good.  Jeff had the New York Strip over garlic mashed potatoes.  He said it was excellent.  For dessert we had what they called a hot skillet brownie, which you must order at the beginning of the meal as all of made to order.   As most probably know brownies are my favorite thing. With that being said the Brownie and the wine were the highlights for me!!  Shocking I know!!!!!

The place is very quaint and the food was really very good, I will know next time to make my order of tenderloin rare but other than that the prices were very good for the quality and quantity of the meal. 

The wine list was expansive but after checking out prices of the wines listed at the bistro compared to those same fines sold in a wine shop, I felt we were fairly charged.  I never like felling like I have spent 4 times the cost of the retail price of wine in a restaurant, UGH right!

This is the sort of place that you could easily find yourself sitting at the bar asking for a wine recommendation and being amazed by both the wine itself and the price.  I recommend this place to everyone and anyone that wants a nice dining experience without breaking the bank.   Oh and ask for Justin, you won't go wrong.   

I am looking forward to our next experience.   And hopefully taking some of our Charlottesville friends too,,,,, uhem you know who you are.  Just in case you are wondering Marcia and Rodney we might be taking about you.  Though I do know that Tricia and Bob were just here as well, I hope they made time for the recommendation.

No comments:

Post a Comment